Miyerkules, Disyembre 28, 2011

The Person I Love To Travel With Is

I am the pastor of a church and have worked with our music director for more than two decades. She is my favorite travel buddy, too. Why? She’s up for anything, a really good sport, and is willing to do the driving. Twice we flew out to California, once for a wedding and once to see a church member in the Christmas show at the Crystal Cathedral. These trips were such fun! I always navigate, and I can tell her, “Oops, we need to turn left,” and somehow she’ll cross three lanes of traffic to do it. The bride can say, “Oops, the hired musician is unwilling to accompany the soloist,” and she’ll learn the piece and do it. We did a wedding at a national park in New Mexico and she brought a keyboard to play. Only there was nothing, not even a table, to put it on for the service. “Hey!” I said as I ironed my pants. “What,” she asked. I pointed at the ironing board. Yep, she asked the hotel staff and we took the ironing board to the park to be a keyboard stand. Getting meals, going shopping, it’s all a riot travelling with her – and easy, very easy.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento