Miyerkules, Disyembre 28, 2011

The Perfect Game

I believe baseball is the most perfect game ever created, and I am an avid fan of major league baseball. For me its perfection lies in the fact that it is easily understood by any viewer, yet upon looking further there are details upon details and layers upon layers to understand and enjoy. The most peculiar occurrences have rules to govern them, and some statistics are astounding: see the story of the time John Lackey had an ERA of infinity, for example. Then there are the paradoxes, like the fact that a game with lots and lots of scoring is every bit as exciting as a game with no scoring at all: I should mention the intensely hot summer day when we sat absolutely riveted to the Philadelphia Phillies game that grew more exciting by the minute. That was the day Jim Bunning pitched a perfect game. There’s absolutely nothing I don’t love about baseball.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento